At Ion Bank, we strive to make banking easy for you and meet your evolving banking needs. We are so excited to have you join the Ion Bank family and look forward to partnering with you to help achieve your financial goals.
Founded in 1870, Ion Bank is a true community bank with no shareholders. We are owned by you, our customers. While our 19 existing branches are all in Connecticut, we are very excited to expand into New Jersey. With a customer service philosophy of building lifetime relationships by partnering with our customers to identify and achieve their financial goals, the service standards we will bring you every day are Safety & Security, Accuracy, Responsiveness, and Friendly Personalized Service.
- Online Banking (iBanking) Password: Your current password will be temporarily reset to your ZIP code and last five digits of your Tax Identification Number (TIN). After your log in, you will be prompted to reset your password and re-accept Online Banking Terms and Conditions. For your protection, our system may challenge you with questions until we get to know you better.
- Mobile Banking App: Your User ID will remain the same and your password will be the same as your new iBanking password. You can download the Ion Bank Mobile App from the Apple or Google Play App Store.
Use your Lincoln 1st Debit Mastercard or ATM Card until issued an Ion Bank Debit Mastercard. After the conversion, Ion Bank spending limits will take effect.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ion Bank’s Routing Number?
What is the Bank-by-Phone Number?
How will I be able to access funds over the weekend?
ATMs – You can make withdrawals, deposits, and payments as you normally do but will not be able to see balance inquiries. Withdrawal limits may be lower than normal during this time. Debit Mastercard – You can make purchases wherever Mastercard is accepted.
Will my account numbers change?
Your account number(s) will remain the same.
Will my Online Banking User ID and Password change?
Your User ID will remain the same. Your current password will be temporarily reset to your ZIP code and last five digits of your Tax Identification Number (TIN). After your log in, you will be prompted to reset your password and reaccept Online Banking Terms and Conditions. For your protection, our system may challenge you with questions until we get to know you better.
How will I know when my eStatements are ready for viewing?
You will receive an email from “IonBank.(randomly generated letters)@enotification.net” informing you that your eStatement is available in iBanking.
Can I get answers to common questions online or chat online with a representative?
Our new chatbot, Fiona, is in the lower right corner of the Ion Bank website for mobile, tablet, or desktop. You can ask common questions or click on suggested topics, even ask to be connected to one of our friendly, helpful live representatives.
Mobile Banking App
Online Banking & Bill Pay anytime, anywhere.
- Check balances & schedule payments
- Manage & monitor your Debit MasterCard®
- Make secure deposits with Mobile Check Deposit
Seamless shopping & full financial control.
- Debit cards are quicker & safer than checks
- Connect to Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay®
- Access over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs
Ion’s Digital Chatbot
Meet Fiona, our Friendly Ion Assistant.
- Alternative communication option
- Faster, more convenient online chat
- Answers to your questions without making a call
Free automated service available 24/7.
- Manage your account & finances
- Perform basic banking transactions
- Check account balances & transfer funds
Personal Teller Machines
Connect with a live banker via video.
- Speak face-to-face virtually
- Perform real-time transactions
- Extended hours & 24/7 ATM access
Access your statements electronically.
- Environmentally-friendly alternative
- Conveniently access statements
- Securely view check images online
Don’t worry about making a last-minute deposit! Apply to have your checking account funded automatically.
Access 55,000+ Free ATMs Worldwide. Use your Debit Mastercard at any Allpoint ATM surcharge free.
View balances and transaction history, make transfers and save time writing checks with 24/7 access online bill pay.
Serving Our Communities
Community support has always been a fundamental part of our mission. Ion Bank employees donated 8,068 hours of community service in 2021!
Ion Bank Foundation
Reinvesting in our communities is one of our most important duties. The Ion Bank Foundation contributes annually to a wide range of local organizations.
Safety & Security
Our team strives to keep your assets and personal information safe and secure. We provide customers the latest information on identity theft and fraud.